As amended at AGM September 2011
1. This Club shall be called CycleOut ('the Club')
2. The objective of the Club is to provide an encouraging and social environment for gay people and their friends to participate in recreational cycling.
3. The Club shall be affiliated to appropriate body or bodies that will help it deliver its Objective, as determined by the Committee and reported to members at the AGM (Annual General Meeting).
4. The management of the Club shall be by a Management Committee ('the Management Committee') consisting of the Club Officials plus up to four other members, all to be elected annually.
5. The Club Officials shall be: Chair, Membership Secretary, and Treasurer and Web Manager.
6. The Management Committee shall meet as necessary, but at least twice annually, to transact the Club's business, five to form a quorum, of which at least two must be Club Officials. If insufficient members stand for election to the committee or a committee member resigns, then the Committee may co-opt club members to fill the vacancy.
7. All activities done under the auspices of the club will be under the authority of the Management Committee.
8. The Committee will provide notice of Club activities through a newsletter and website.
9. Membership of the Club shall be open to all people over the age of 18 who support the objectives of the Club, and who agree to abide by this Constitution.
10. Membership becomes valid upon the Club's receipt of a completed application form and appropriate subscription.
11. The annual subscription for members will be reviewed when necessary and decided at the AGM.
12. Members wishing to resign shall notify the Membership Secretary. Members will be deemed to have resigned if they do not pay their membership fees within one month of becoming due.
13. The period that non-members may attend day rides as invitees is at the discretion of the Committee. Non-members may not attend residential events
14. A General Meeting of the club may bestow lifetime honorary membership on any member it considers to have rendered exceptional service to the club. Honorary members will be exempt from membership fees but will have all the rights of a full member.
15. Members taking part in Club events shall be responsible for their own safety. Neither the Club, nor any Officer shall be liable for death, injury, loss or public liability, sustained by a member, which occurs directly or indirectly as a result of any event connected with the Club.
16. Members remain solely and personally responsible for any accident or damage to property they may cause. Members are encouraged to insure themselves appropriately.
17. Members shall be liable to disciplinary action for conduct prejudicial to the interests of the Club. The Management Committee shall have disciplinary powers and may, in serious cases, expel members from the Club.
18. The Club's financial year shall commence on 1st October and end on 30th September the following year after which date the Treasurer shall prepare the Balance Sheet and subsidiary accounts. The Accounts shall be presented at the Annual General Meeting.
19. The Club will maintain bank accounts opened in the name of the club. Any expenditure will require two signatures, both of whom shall be Officials of the Club.
20. Club funds will not be used to subsidise individual members to take part in either club or external events, unless funding has been raised specifically for that purpose.
21. The Committee may not run the club in debt, nor shall it commit to expenditure greater than its assets.
22. The Annual General Meeting shall be held annually, after the end of the financial year. At least thirty days' notice of such meeting shall be sent to the members. A call for agenda items and nominations for the committee will be made in the newsletter covering the period.
23. Items for the Agenda of any General Meeting must reach the Secretary at least 21 days before the relevant meeting.
24. Members unable to attend a General Meeting may cast their vote by returning a ballot paper, either by post or by e-mail, to the Chair Secretary at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
25. Those wishing to stand for election to the Management Committee should submit their nomination, to the Secretary, with a proposer and seconder at least 21 days before the relevant meeting.
26. An Extra-Ordinary General Meeting may be called by the Management Committee or by the Chair, upon receipt of a request signed by ten percent of members with a copy of the Agenda attached, subject to at least fourteen days' notice being given to the members.
27. No alteration or addition to this Constitution shall be made except by a motion at a General Meeting. Such motions will be carried only if two thirds or more votes cast are in favour.
28. General Meetings shall be quorate when at least ten percent (10%) of the ordinary (non Committee) membership is present or have submitted a ballot paper in advance, unless there are constitutional changes then the percent will be fifteen percent (15%).
29. The Club may be dissolved by a ballot of all members, a simple majority being required but two thirds of members must cast a vote. Upon the dissolution of the club, all debts and liabilities of the Club shall be settled. If any property remains, it shall be given to one or more other organisations which have objectives similar to the Club. The recipients shall be decided by a motion passed by a General Meeting at the dissolution of the Club.
30. Any matter not provided in these Rules shall be dealt with by the Management Committee, but ultimate authority will lie with a AGM/EGM.